“[He] loves the TIC atmosphere. Everyone is kind and everyone feels included, all while having fun, being active, and learning.”
In Digital Arts, campers will be challenged to tap into their creative side and develop their artistic talents through digital media. By using industry standard software from Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), campers will have a wide range of possibilities for creating polished digital masterpieces.
Campers will begin by picking what direction of digital art they would like to go in from the following list or create their own project to work with their partner to make it specific to their interests.
- Marketing packet for a fake company
- Camp Newsletter
- Comic strip
- Infographics and media campaigns for a cause
- Digital Illustrations
- Alternative book, movie, or album cover designs
- Build your own project
Once a vision is created campers will be off and running learning how to make their ideas come to life. This will culminate in a finished product where campers will be able to show off their new marketing material for a product line, infographics for a cause near and dear to them, portfolio showcasing their digital illustrations, or creating a camp newsletter capturing the magic of camp.
- Requirements: Ability to work in pairs. Interest in digital media.
- Level: Beg-Advanced (Juniors: Rising 2nd to 5th grade and Seniors: Rising 6th to 10th grade)
- Take home: Project and files uploaded to website.