“Your counselors are always fantastic and really engage with the kids and create a sense of community within their groups. My son feels very at home at TIC and wants to go back every summer.”
APPLY FOR A JOB
Is this for me?
- Do you find joy teaching others and helping them achieve their goals? Do you find that spending time with kids and adolescents gives you energy and brightens your day? Do you yearn to make connections with the community around you? Do you have a passion for any of the technology or sports options offered at TIC? If so, read on, because TIC might be the place for you this coming summer!
Why join TIC?
- Help guide campers achieve the project they went to create in technology by teaching coding or multimedia skills and/or develop their skills in athletics
- Share your passion with campers who are equally passionate about the same subjects
- Take the opportunity to teach others, while also being exposed to valuable experiences through your daily interactions
- Create memorable relationships within the TIC community
What positions do you offer?
- Counselor positions in technology include: Programming, Robotics/Vex, Circuits, Filmmaking, Animation, Digital Photography, Digital Music, and Digital Arts
- Counselor positions in athletics include: Athletics, Drama/Athletics, and Tennis/Athletics
- Counselor positions in support include: Health Advisor/Office Manager, and Extended Day Supervisor
- Job descriptions can be found here
What else do I need to know before applying to TIC?
- All TIC jobs require energy, creativity, patience, and a real interest in children and adolescents. Experience in teaching or coaching is an asset
- TIC runs four day camps in the Washington DC metro area with NO RESIDENT FACILITIES
- Applicants must be available for the whole summer, including staff training days. Some accommodations can be made for those finishing up their school year during training
- International staff are hired only through agencies (such as CAMP AMERICA) which provide pre-screening, appropriate visas, travel arrangements and health insurance
- Preference is given to applicants 18 years of age or older, but we make occasional exceptions for highly qualified high school seniors or graduates, especially if they have been through our Counselor-in-Training program
- The online application will take you at least 20-30 minutes to complete. You may save your work and log back in to continue your Application in Process, but once you submit it, you will no longer be able to make changes
Be prepared to provide the email address for THREE references (past employers, teachers, or anyone who has seen you work with children, but no relatives) when submitting an application. These references will receive the reference form from TIC. Three written references must be obtained before any official offers are made to any prospective staff.
If you have any questions about the hiring process or the status of your application, please contact Daniel Morais at [email protected].