Apply for a Job
Hiring for the 2017 Summer Season is in full swing! Note: We are only hiring Programming Counselors for all 4 sites and Athletic Counselors and a Health Advisor at our VA site.
- DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU ARE AVAILABLE THE WHOLE SUMMER, INCLUDING STAFF TRAINING DAYS. Some accommodations can be made for those finishing their school year during training.
- All TIC jobs require energy, creativity, patience, and a real interest in children and adolescents. Experience in teaching or coaching is an asset.
- TIC runs four DAY CAMPS in the Washington DC metro area with NO RESIDENT FACILITIES. Preference is given to local residents, but out-of-towners who can find their own housing may apply.
- International staff are hired only through agencies (such as CAMP AMERICA) which provide pre-screening, appropriate visas, travel arrangements and health insurance.
- Preference is given to applicants 18 years of age or older, but we make occasional exceptions for highly qualified high school seniors or graduates, especially if they have been through our Counselor-in-Training program.
The ONLINE APPLICATION will take you at least 20-30 minutes to complete. You may save your work and log back in using your username and password (so don’t forget them!) to continue your Application in Process, but once you submit it, you will no longer be able to make changes. We do not review incomplete applications, so please make sure you submit when you are done.
Be prepared to provide contact information for THREE REFERENCES (past employers, teachers, or anyone who has seen you work with children. No relatives.) These references will receive the reference form automatically if you provide their email. Or, you can distribute the PDF version of the staff reference form, which can be mailed, emailed or faxed.
If you have any questions about the hiring process or the status of your application, please contact Dan Morais at [email protected].